Saturday, June 18, 2011

Teacher's Challenge Blog

Love this blog...Teacher's Challenge. It provides a daily challenge for teachers to use PLNs, Web 2.0 tools, etc.  I have been following it for about six months and it has really provided me with some good resources.  Believe it or not, it has actually challenged me to implement some of the ideas in my classroom. Check out the sidebar on the left for ideas...

One of my favorites is ClassTools.  I even bought the subscription.  It has a lot of useful tools.  My favorite tool is the random name picker that acts as either a "fruit machine" (okay...it is a slot machine but we cannot use that term in school) or a typewriter wherein you enter the students' names and it randomly picks a name.  This is so much better than the craft sticks with names that I draw from a cup.  My students LOVE this...they beg for it every time I go for the drawing sticks.  However, I do not use it every time...it is a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment